About MSCG Inc.
What is MSCG, Inc?
Michigan Specialized Communications Group Inc. was founded on the principles of providing resources to the local Amateur Radio Public Service Corps.
The role of MSCG is not to replace, but to augment existing communications systems. A communications emergency is said to exist when "customary communications" are interrupted or overloaded. MSCG will, to the best of its ability, provide needed communications resouces to assist governmental and private agencies upon request. All activities and communications are conducted under Part 97 of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Rules and Regulations.
Michigan Specialized Communications Group (MSCG) is incorporated as a non-profit corporation under the laws of the State of Michigan. MSCG Inc. is organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes within the meaning of Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3).
- To contact the public and introduce them to Amateur Radio.
- To assist the public in training and obtaining an Amateur Radio license.
- To enhance the state of the art in radio communications.
- To promote organization activities which involve the public regardless of age, race, or sex.
- To promote emergency and public service communications.
The business of MSCG, Inc. is conducted using a Board of Directors in accordance with the MSCG, Inc. Bylaws adopted June 04, 2011. Except for rare occasions stipulated in the Bylaws, each director has a single vote to decide all issues taken up by the Board. At Board meetings, a minimum of three board members is required to constitute a quorum. The President does not have an active vote unless there is a tie.
- MSCG Inc.
- ARES (GC-ARES)
MSCG Inc. Oversees the Legal, Financial, and equipment needs of it's divisions. It does not interfere with the day to day operations of them. This allows each division to operate freely without fear of outside control.
- Tax Exempt status under MSCG's 501(c)3
- Free webhosting
- The choice to maintain their own website or have our own webmaster do it for them